Sunday, June 26, 2011

What is it all about... its complicated.

This is my first post on a grand adventure....
My name is Chris. My family and I live in Michigan.
The summers are warm and humid, the winters are freezing cold.

We have been in MI since my oldest daughter Z was born in 2000.
Y2k was a joke and the tech company I was working at in Ohio laid everyone off.
I had like 3 pagers and 2 cell phones and was on call for the end of the world.
Nothing happened. Not even a phone call.

So we packed up the UHaul and moved to MI for better opportunities.
My wife's family was in MI and was a huge help with the kids.
M, B, and E were all born here in MI.

E went to be with the Lord after 66 days. That's on another blog:
http://23weeks.blogspot.com

So we jump ahead to 2011...

Stephanie's mom passed away several weeks ago. My mom passed away in 2001.
My dad and Stephanie's dad are acting very weird now. Must be a dude thing when their spouses pass away. So why should we stay here in Michigan? Really... why should we?

Several years back Stephanie and I met Mike, Amanda, and Billy.
They pulled up everything to take a chance on making a film on their own in California.
Project Pedal has been coming along and is almost finished.

This life is not about how much stuff you have, or about how big your house is.
Its about getting out there and meeting new people, exploring new places, and helping
people along the way.

Don't get stuck in a rut... Take a chance on some new adventure.
We are only here for a short time then we are gone.

So why Hawaii?
Stephanie and I were talking the other night about just getting out of the state for
a change. Joking around Hawaii came up. Ok so why not?
It has great weather all year long.

Florida has good weather... Why not Florida instead?
One of my friends Lil that does consulting in Florida told me...
"Florida is Gods waiting room... There is nothing exciting going
on here. Head to Hawaii!"

I though I was going to fall off the chair from laughing so hard.
So Hawaii it is...

I started looking around for other blogs about people that have just picked up and moved
to Hawaii. I learned a few bits and pieces here and there. Most of the sites I ran across tho
were more about the vacationing traveler. Not much at all about trying to move off the mainland and making a life on a group of islands out in the middle of the pacific.

So here I am.... This is our story of a Family of 5..
taking a chance on a new adventure. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!! this was so sweet to read. i'm so excited for you :) and so happy that we have inspired you to get out and capture your life! good for you. i love michigan but it's fallen into dispair and it's sad. life is short. enjoy it. i wish you and your beautiful all the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete