Friday, August 3, 2012

Touchdown


Today is Friday.
I have been here a little over 24 hours now.
This is a view from where I am staying looking out from the Lanai.


My flight from MI to HI was long.  
I was flying on reward travel so I had a bit of a crazy long route.


I spent the morning at the UofH filling out new hire paperwork,
and taking a tour of the offices, server room, etc. 
They are getting new carpeting put down on Monday so they had all the offices etc downstairs emptied out for the carpet people.   
Its slow right now as school does not start until the 20th.

The sysadmin and I walked over to Coffeeline.   What a cool
coffee shop.   Dennis is really cool.   I don't drink coffee but he had a huge
selection of Tea.   Going to try some of the many flavors he has on hand in the coming weeks. 

We spent the morning talking about all the cool technology
stuff UofH is working on and solved all the worlds problems before noon. 

Had pizza hut for lunch with the team then I headed out to
Safeway for some shopping for food, laundry detergent, etc.  

The place is just like Kroger's back home.
Prices were a bit higher for things but not crazy thru the roof.
They had a lot of deals on stuff if you have their shopping card. 

Which I do now.

Came back home to veg a bit this afternoon.
I have been drinking water today.  Not sure if its the jet lag, dehydration
from being on the flight for so long, adjusting to the new time zone or what.   
Just feeling a bit blah.

Going to tackle The Bus tomorrow and venture out and see if I can get
around and out to the waters edge on my own.

Stephanie and the Kids are planning on another massive yard sale
tomorrow in MI.   Any leftovers is off to goodwill.  

Will keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment