Friday, July 13, 2012

On your mark, Get set...

Let the crazy stuff begin.   

I have turned in my formal acceptance letter to the dean at UofH Manoa.

I have turned in my letter of resignation to my current employer effective end of July.
Watched today as they posted my job.   I know where you can find 
some IT work in MI right now.  ;-)


We talked to Stephanie's dad today and told him about our plans.
My dad knew we were going to be moving soon, just not how far west.


Friends, Family, FB, its all out there now on the table for the world to see now.

We are officially moving.

We started going thru all the kids clothes tonight, too small in one pile,
winter another pile, keeping - into the boxs for shipping.

Spent time on the phone trying to work out a temporary place to stay 
for just a few weeks for me.    I'm heading over, going to work, and
checking out places for all of us to live.   

Stephanie will ship over the keepsake things we are keeping, and then
her and the kids will venture over.  


I have a boatload of frequent flyer miles saved up.  
My flight from MI to HI.  20,000 miles and $5.00.   Nice. 
Booked, seats picked, done.
I will have enough left over for 3 more people and will only need to 
purchase one ticket.


My new colleagues at the UofH are amazing.   
They have been working hard with me to help me with the transition over.
Ride from the airport - Check
Temp use of a car to get around - Check.
And a ton of other stuff right now.   


Good people all helping one another...   

No comments:

Post a Comment